Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time

I keep putting off writing because I tell myself that I am tired, busy, blocked, hungry, etc. I thought about a quote this week that I had come across a while ago. Kind of put me in my place.

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein."
--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

I may not have the talent or the gifts that this group of people had, but I do have the same amount of time in a day. What it comes down to is discipline. Get up earlier, turn off the TV, force myself to do what needs to be done. It is so easy to just make excuses about not being able to do the things that I would like to do.

What are you not doing that you feel you should be doing? Why are you not doing it? It is not about working yourself into a state of burnout, but it's about using the gifts you (and I) have been given.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have the same problem. Strange...I am able to play at least an hour of Nintendo every day, but can't seem to get motivated to doing some of the more constructive projects that need to be done.