Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Excuses

This is supposed to be an excuse post regarding why I have not written on this little piece of cyber paper for almost a year. I gave options for which excuse you wanted. You voted. I had great plans for some made up stories to go along with the first line.

I decided to just go with reality. (That's a novel thought in this world isn't it?)

There isn't really an excuse other than I haven't been writing here. I have been working on a couple of projects off and on (writing curriculum, if you want to call them that). I had been, up until January, working on a full time job that sucked all my energy and creativity to stay on top of it. Both qualify as excuses, but not very acceptable ones.

I came across this quote a few years ago and it has stuck. I don't know that it has made me more "productive", but it has made me aware that "not enough time" doesn't really fly as an excuse.

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.--H. Jackson Brown

I will do better.

Thanks Scott.

Peace.

1 comment:

scottsboyd@gmail.com said...

But don't determine if your a writer by what you do, rather BE the writer that God called you to BE and you will do the writing.