Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gone awhile

It's been awhile since I last posted to this blog (thank you Capt. Obvious). I could give a variety of reasons for why it has been ALMOST A YEAR! since I last put anything on this site but I am not going to do that. To get me writing here again, I am going to let you the reader (yes I meant for that to be singular, thanks Mom) help me with the excuses. I am going to post three options for what my excuse may be and let you (again, thanks Mom) determine what the story will be.

Here's how it will work.

There are three options that follow. You pick the one that you think would make the best story and put your choice in the comments. I will do my bestest to come up with an entertaining and mostly believable excuse. Got it? Here we go.

1. I have been too tired to write here because of my other writing project. I have been writing...

2. On June 25, 2009 I left the house as a healthy, relatively normal, 38 year old man but I when I returned...

3. I'll try to explain, but it's complicated. Let me just say that it involved a wrestling match and a slight limp.

Let me know which will make the best excuse and I'll write it. I am also open to prompts that you may come up with on your own. Hope to hear from you soon.

Peace.

8 comments:

Barbi said...

I'm first! Ha -- beat ya, Mom! :) I vote for #3, of course.

Anonymous said...

No excuses. Just write!

Becky said...

Hmmmm...would you say that the females in your family have too much time on our hands...we are the only ones reading this so far! #2 gets my vote! :)

Brett said...

I'm partial to whatever is behind Door #1.

brad clemons said...

Definitely #1. Leave us with anticipation for the future project. Plus, writing is the only hobby/profession where you can be one even though you've never proven it to people. You could say you've been writing every day since June and we have no choice but to believe you.

scottsboyd@gmail.com said...

For freedom Christ has set us free, so your free to write about which ever one you choose.

So I guess I almost agree with your mom. I would modify it this way, "Just write!, or not"

mrg said...

Absent the ambiguous, though absolutely truthful, replies, the first option has the largest number of votes thus far. In an attempt to decisively tilt the scale in the direction of a clear favorite, I also vote for the first option.

Now that the opinion of the majority has been heard, we all anxiously await reading about your "other" writing project.

[And just for the record, I'm with Scott - if you write or not... you're still held in high regard by those who know you!]

Kim Wardenburg said...

BRADLEY!

I'm definitely going to go with #3... We just discussed that in my Hebrew class. =)