Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Answers?

I think I had a bit of an epiphany a couple of nights ago. I've never had an epiphany before, that I know of, so it's hard to be sure if I really experienced one or not. If anyone has an epiphany test, please pass it on to me.

Anyway, my epiphany consisted of these thoughts. When I write something, really put my thoughts out for others to peruse, I want it to matter. I want it to be information or insight that people will read and be changed somehow for having read it. I don't want to write just to be putting "something" out there.

I also wrestle with one big question..."Why would anyone want to read what I put down?" The details of what goes on inside my head are not really all that appealing, even to me sometimes, so why would another person want a glimpse of that? I am not confident enough that people want to hear from me.

The epiphany came when I was watching a Cubs baseball game and Mr. T was in the broadcast booth. He was talking about going to visit hospitals and spending time with people and bringing what he had to lift their spirits. Nothing against Mr. T, but why would you want to be visited by a large man in a do-rag and too much bling when you're in the hospital? How would that lift your spirit?

The point is, I have enough in me to say and to write and I just need to do it. I will do my best to get past talking myself out of offering opinions or ideas. I will not worry about how I might be exposed if I write what I really think. I'm going to do it.

Starting with the next post.

Peace.

No comments: