Friday, November 14, 2008

writing

One of my reasons for starting this blog was for me to have an outlet to write. Not so very deep down inside of me, there is a writer trying to claw his way to the surface and take over my life. Now, with a wife, three kids, a new church, a demanding job and more, the writer will have a helluva time taking over when he escapes.

In the spirit of trying to help that writer struggling to see the light of day, I will occasionally post a short writing exercise. I have come across multiple sources on "how to be creative" so I should be a genius in that area now. Alas, I am not. I will give it my best shot though and maybe someday the writer will manifest and take over. When that happens, I will send you an update from my secluded cabin located in the Smoky Mountains of western North Carolina. After a couple of bestsellers of course. Or maybe winning the lottery. We'll see.

Peace.

No comments: