Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Fun

I run an after school program for middle school kids in downtown Wilmington, NC. We have a fairly strong academic focus and we hope to raise grades and End of Grade test scores. We also run other programs that teach dance, photography, science, fitness, golf and other things. We have about 30-35 kids that come consistently, so it isn't like we aren't doing anything.

We need to have more fun though. There needs to be more play. I had a crazy idea tonight that I am going to pursue and I will let you know how it goes. I have been reading and thinking about the idea of play lately. It is an important part of life and especially so for kids. I need to do everything that I can to make these programs educational but more fun at the same time.

Play more.

Peace.

No comments: