Friday, May 23, 2008

Stripped

Stripped
Such a vulgar word.
So final.
Whatever was there is gone.
Nothing is left.
Naked.
Barren.
Desolate.
All so cold and lifeless.
Nobody wants to live there.
What if we are supposed to live there?
At least for a little while.
What if that is where we find God?
We think we see Him in the easy life.
We think we see Him in the blessings.
He is there.
We don’t need Him there though.
So we think.
If everything is grand, who needs God?
I don’t.
But when I am naked; stripped…
I need him a lot.
Everyday
Minute to minute.
Totally dependent.
Nothing else to lean on.
It’s hard, no doubt.
My stomach hurts all the time.
I question Him regularly.
I complain a lot.
But He is here.
Walking with me.
Preparing the way.
Building my trust.
I don’t like the process.
But I am believing.
Trusting.
Knowing.
Our relationship will be stronger.
I will know Him more.
He will get me where I need to be.
Where He wants me to be.
I don’t want to say it.
But I will say it.
Lord, strip me.
And help me know you there.

Peace.

3 comments:

scottsboyd@gmail.com said...

No brilliant or insightful comments, just a word to let you know that I have bookmarked your blog and look forward to reading your posts.

Scott

Betty said...

Great writing. Harsh...but it has to be to be true. Been thinking along these lines and it makes me uncomfortable too, but nothing worthwhile is easy.

Anonymous said...

I, too, feel stripped. No fun, but future rewards. (?)