Sunday, September 12, 2010

40 Haikus

I had a pretty significant birthday last week. I have been on this planet for a long time now. I thought about doing a retrospective of my life but it seems a little arrogant to do it at this point and for public consumption. I'll do my real introspection somewhere else.

I went with haikus because they are to the point, they don't have to rhyme, they make my brain work a little and everyone enjoys a good haiku, don't they? (Not that these are good!)

So here are my 40 haikus, that is haikus about turning 40-there are not 40 of them. If you would like to comment, please do so in a haiku (five syllable first line, seven syllable second line, five syllable third line). Try it, it might be fun.

Look forward to hearing from you.



Four zero, that's me,
I'm too young to be this old.
How did it happen?

Forty's a number,
Large when related to age,
Halfway to eighty.

I just turned forty
Doesn't really bother me.
Bothers Mom a lot.

Forty years old now
Getting the most out of it,
Life has just begun.

Thanks, Lord, for this time.
Forty years have been brilliant.
Help me finish strong.

Is this middle age?
Body can't go like before,
Maybe I'll play Wii.

Really an adult
At forty, no more excuse.
What will happen next?

Peace.

1 comment:

Brad Lademann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.