Friday, May 30, 2008

Artists

My kids may be artists. Brady loves to draw. Kendall loves to dance. Declan loves to...make messes. Maybe he is into abstract art.

I realize that they are young and things can change but there may be something there. Brady informed us at dinner that he wants to go to East Carolina University which is located in Greenville, NC. He has a friend whose Mom is an artist and she went to ECU. She told Brady that they have a good art program. He told me tonight that he is glad that he can draw. Kendall cannot help but dance. She walks about 20% of the time. The rest of the time it is a twirl or a leap and there is always arm action involved.

As one who is not an artist but who sees the value of the arts, I want to encourage them as much as possible. I don't know that I have much to offer other than to help steer them to use the gifts that God has given them.

Having been an athlete most of my life, it would be a little ironic if my children end up in the art world.

Peace.

No comments: